As the world continues to react and respond to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are beginning to see signs of a new normalcy as an increasing number of cities open up their borders for business and travellers. As part of the move to the resume business, we are placing our commitment for your health and wellbeing as TOP priority. Singapore has scaled up various areas of our industry be it in hospitality, services, or venues not limited to attractions, tourism sites, dining options and hotels, World Express have also elevated the implementation of hygiene and safety measures to ensure that your needs and concerns are met.
In preparation for the return of visitors into Singapore, World Express is anticipating the needs to re-assure our guests that we are currently working very closely with all our vendors and suppliers in upholding good practices and abide by safety measures aligned with our Government’s guidelines.
Our Staff and Service
- All guests and staff will receive a temperature check. Individuals with a temperature of ≥38°C or displaying symptoms to reconsider immediate travel plans. Similarly for our staff with high temperature, will not be allowed to perform work duties.
- All guests and staff will be requested to complete health declaration forms as part of precautionary measures.
- Providing hand sanitiser and masks for all guests and staff on standby when on-the-go.
- All our staff, guides and drivers are undergoing trainings abiding by WHO and our Government’s guidelines to comply with health safety precautions.
- Drivers are required to wear face masks and have their temperature measured twice a day.
- All Cars / Vehicles to be cleaned before/after use according to Health Safety Standards using a anti-bacteria solution that is approved and certified by Health Sciences Authority (HSA).
- UV lighting systems that are able to kill bacteria and germs are installed in our coaches.
- Ground Transfers and Tours
- Temperatures will be taken and recorded in a log sheet for tracing purposes.
- Passengers will be assigned into groups and tagged to the same tour guide throughout the event with no mixing between groups.
- Number of occupancy per vehicle is to be at 50% of the maximum load such as having one passenger to occupy two seats.
- Groups to be mindful of physical distance and to board in an orderly manner at all times.
- Drivers will assist to wipe down all luggages with disinfectant wipes before loading into vehicle.
Watch the video on how we disinfect and clean our cars and our coaches.
Source: The Fullerton Hotel and Resorts
Source: Dorsett Singapore
- Temperature screening will apply for any guest or visitor.
- Providing hand sanitiser at the entrance gate and at all common areas.
- All staff will be wearing masks at all times and if necessary, to wear protective equipment.
- In all selected hotel’s common areas to also have hand sanitiser with motion sensor when possible, for guests and employees to use.
- Social distancing measures between all guests and staff and for all public spaces and common areas such as the gym, lounge, hotel lobby, meeting rooms etc.
- Staff being trained in practicing social distancing and to still comply with health safety precautions and guidelines.
- Heighten measures taken to disinfect and clean rooms, sanitizing all areas, door handles, all rooms and facilities etc more times in a day – abiding to the SG Clean Quality Mark standards.
- Access to Fitness and Wellness facilities to be limited upon request as to maintain social distance.
- Contactless check-in/ check-out service when possible through mobile such as member’s app or pre-check-in measures online.
- Eliminating buffets and replacing with bento set when possible to reduce contact.
Dining Places, Public Venues, Attractions and Tourism Sites
Source: One Faber Group
- Social Distance measures of 1-metre will apply for queue lines, seating arrangements, walking distance.
- Reasonable steps will be taken to ensure that the number of guests within the space at any one time does not exceed the prescribed capacity threshold, limiting one person per 16sqm.
- Premises will be cleaned and disinfected periodically.
- At all times provided with easily accessible disinfecting agents like hand sanitisers, disinfectant sprays, paper towels and wipes, for the free use of customers.
- Disposable utensils to be provided only upon request to ensure guests’ comfort.
- Contactless service when possible such as digitalised menus via scanning of QR code, contactless payment.
- Attractions will be restricted to no more than 25% of their operating capacity at any one time.
Source: Changi Airport Group
- All arriving, transit and departing passengers and staff at Changi Airport are subject to temperature screening.
- Passengers who are febrile or display respiratory symptoms will be referred to a doctor on duty.
- Increased frequency in cleaning and disinfecting of high-contact areas. Frequent swab tests are conducted at these areas to ensure the efficacy of cleaning and disinfection.
- Frequently-touched surfaces such as automated check-in kiosks, trolleys, lift buttons and security trays are coated with a protective antimicrobial coating to reduce the risk of virus transmission.
- Increased disinfection of floors and cleaning of carpets with autonomous cleaning equipment are deployed daily.
- Increase in number of hand sanitisers with motion sensor.
- Health checks and Security procedures at Airports will mean longer time spent at Departure/Arrival areas prior to Boarding and Exiting Terminals.
SafeEntry System is a national digital check-in system which logs visits by individuals to hotspots and venues.
As a start, deployment will be made mandatory for places where individuals are likely to be in close proximity for prolonged periods or in enclosed spaces, or where there is higher traffic such as retail and F&B outlets. SafeEntry has also been progressively rolled out to taxis and our public transportation to better support contact tracing efforts.
Foreigners are to scan the SafeEntry QR codes deployed or bring along your passports for verification on your entry and exits.
The list of places where SafeEntry are deployed are updated at this link as more activities and services are resumed.
Note: All information in this presentation are based on our Government’s COVID-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations published on 29 June 2020 to the public.